We're committed to reducing the adverse environmental impact of our business activities and reducing the size of our carbon footprint.
We aim to:
- minimise waste by ensuring that we're as efficient as possible in the use of resources;
- actively promote recycling, both internally and amongst our clients and suppliers;
- consider the environmental impact of both production and distribution in the sourcing of supplies;
- consider the climate emissions caused by the way we work;
- measure, manage and reduce the impact of our operations and meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to us;
- work collaboratively to engage in the public debate on climate change and to develop, apply and promote best practice across the sector; andreport on our progress and be accountable.
Our environmental accreditations include being a member of the Legal Sector Alliance, a movement of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint. We're also listed as "Managing Partners' Forum Carbon Verified".
Other accreditations include:
- achieving the largest UK local authority, Birmingham City Council's, Environmental Sustainability Standard;
- being rated as being better than the "Good Practice" benchmark for carbon emissions in an environmental audit carried out in our Bristol head office by an independent consultancy (the Building Research Establishment);
- procuring a BREEAM (the environmental assessment method for buildings around the world) 'Excellent' rated office in the heart of the City of London.